2021-22 Quincy College Trust Scholarships
Application Deadline is March 27, 2021.
- Login to the MyQc Portal
- Go to the Student Tab
- Select Quincy College Scholarship Application 2021
To be Eligible Students Must:
- Must have earned 12 credits at Quincy College by the end of the spring 2021
- Must plan on being enrolled fall 2021
- Must submit complete applications by March 27, 2021
- In order for applications to be accepted, the student essay must also be uploaded upon submission.
Scholarship funds will be applied to student accounts for the 2021 Fall Semester (unless stated differently by individual scholarship criteria).
The scholarship committee will review all applications and grant awards based on scholarship criteria and complete application submissions. Recipients will be notified April 23, 2021.
Please be diligent in following instructions when applying and be sure to submit the required essay. Complete applications only will be considered eligible for an award.
For questions, please contact Jennifer Luddy at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Francis F. Anselmo Scholarship Fund: $1000 – Full-Time Student
This scholarship of $1,000 is awarded to a full-time student with a GPA of 2.75 or higher entering their second year at Quincy College (12 credits completed)
Bruce Muirhead Memorial Scholarship: $1000 – All Students
This scholarship of $1000 is awarded to a student selected by the Quincy College Scholarship Committee.
Chief Francis and Marjorie Mack Scholarship: $1000 – Holbrook Resident / Criminal Justice
This $1,000 scholarship is awarded in two installments of $500 each, per semester, to a Criminal Justice Major with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Student must be enrolled in their second semester (12 credits completed) at Quincy College and preferably from the town of Holbrook. If there isn’t a student from the town of Holbrook, another student who fulfills the other set of criteria is acceptable.
Ronald Goodman Scholarship: $500 – Houghs Neck /Germantown Resident
This $500 scholarship is awarded to two students from either the Hough’s Neck or Germantown sections of Quincy. They must be currently enrolled in either the Liberal Arts or Natural Sciences programs with the highest GPA among applicants.
Mark Bertman – $1000 – Community service
This $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a student with a 3.0 GPA or above who is engaged in a Quincy College extracurricular program.
Quincy College Trust Scholarship $1000 – Full-time Student
A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to two full-time students (enrolled in 4 courses, 12 credits) one from Quincy and one from Plymouth with a 3.0 GPA or above.
Daniel Ibarrando Scholarship: $1000 – Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Student
A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a contributing member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
Quincy Women’s Network: $100 – Female Student
The Quincy Woman’s Network Scholarship is awarded to a female student who is enrolled at Quincy College, intended for women who are using education as a way to position themselves for success.
Commissioner William Gross Scholarship: $1000 – Criminal Justice Major
This scholarship will be awarded to a criminal justice major enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits in the fall semester and is in good academic standing.
College Courses Inc. General Scholarship Fund: (20) $1000 – All Students
Twenty – $1000 scholarships will be awarded to applicants in good academic standing. Awards will be selected by the scholarship committee.
Hume Scholarship Fund: $500 – All Students
This scholarship of $500 is awarded to a single parent.
The Laurie Kielmeyer Scholarship Fund: $1000 – Nursing Student
This scholarship of $1,000 is awarded to a student of 40 years or older currently accepted and enrolled in the Associate Degree in Nursing and Practical Nursing Programs.
Mastrocola Family Scholarship: $2000 – Nursing Student
A $2000 scholarship will be awarded to a Nursing student in good standing and with the highest GPA amongst applicants.
Quincy College Board of Governor Scholarship: $2000 – Quincy Campus Nursing Student
A $2000 merit scholarship will be awarded to an enrolled Quincy Campus Nursing student. $1000 to be awarded the first semester, Fall 2020, and $1000 to be awarded the second semester, Spring 2021.
Quincy College Board of Governor Scholarship: $2000 – Plymouth Campus Nursing Student
A $2000 merit scholarship will be awarded to an enrolled Plymouth Campus Nursing student. $1000 to be awarded the first semester, Fall 2021 and $1000 to be awarded the second semester, Spring 2022.
$1000 South Shore Bank Community Service Award: (2) – $1000
A $1000 scholarships to be awarded to two students who demonstrate commitment, service, and concern for their community.
Towle Scholarship: $1000 – Computer Science Student
A $1000 scholarship to be awarded to a student in the Computer Science programs.
Scholarship Search Engines
Let scholarships come to you! Use the below scholarship search engines to find scholarships based on your information.
External Scholarship Opportunities
All Nursing Schools – https://www.allnursingschools.com/articles/nursing-scholarships/
American Legion Department of Massachusetts – masslegion.org
Dr. Pepper Tuition – http://www.drpeppertuition.com
Nursing Scholarships – https://www.scholarships.com/financial-aid/college-scholarships/scholarships-by-major/nursing-scholarships/
Order Sons of Italy – osiama.org
Rankin Foundation – www.rankinfoundation.org
Scholarship America – www.scholarshipamerica.org
Scholarship Guidance –scholarshipguidance.com
Single Parent Alliance of America – www.spaoa.org
Surety Bonds Scholarships – www.suretybonds.com/scholarships
Women’s Scholarships and Financial Aid – http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/college/financial-aid-for-women/
Scholarships for International Students
International students are not eligible for financial aid. However, they may be able to apply for some scholarships. If students need to obtain financial aid or an international scholarship the best place to look is your home country. Student loans and scholarships may be available from your government, local businesses, organizations and foundations.
Other resources may be international humanitarian organizations that want to promote international education and cultural exchange with the U.S. Included in these organizations are the United Nations, the World Health Organization, the League of Red Cross Societies and the World Council of Churches. Financial aid and scholarships from these organizations are very competitive, so start the search early. Please exercise caution in your search as Quincy College will not be held liable for the contents of the below websites and does not endorse scholarship search engines for which there is a fee.
Below are some links for websites that may provide some additional information:
• internationalscholarships.com is an online financial aid resource for international students wishing to study in a foreign country.
• internationalstudentloan.com provides access to loans for non-U.S. students wishing to study in the USA, U.S. citizens studying abroad, and Canadian citizens studying abroad. Its sister site, internationalstudentinsurance.com, is also a valuable resource for globally mobile students.
• The International Education Financial Aid Page – http://www.iefa.org/ features a searchable list of grants, scholarships and loan programs for international students.
• eduPASS, The Smart Student Guide to Studying in the U.S. –http://www.edupass.org/finaid/ provides excellent articles, charts and links about financing college.
• fundingusstudy.org is a database of scholarships, fellowships and grants organized and maintained by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
• The Fulbright Program – http://www.cies.org/Fulbright_programs.htm provides funds for students, scholars and professionals to undertake graduate study, advanced research, university teaching, and teaching in elementary and secondary schools. Established in 1946, Fulbright aims to increase mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries, through the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills.
• Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation – https://www.rotary.org/en/about-rotary/rotary-foundation administer a broad range of humanitarian and educational programs designed to improve the human condition, world understanding and peace. Learn more about Rotary’s Ambassadorial Scholarships, Grants for University teachers and World Peace Scholarships for study at their Centers for International Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution.
• The Foundation Center – foundationcenter.org is an online resource devoted to foundations that fund individuals. The site also features a section for international grant seekers!
• The Soros Foundation Network – http://www.soros.org/ supports the development of an open society through funding specific educational opportunities around the world.
• The Academy for Educational Development – http://www.aed.org/ is committed to solving critical social problems throughout the world through education, social marketing, research, training, policy analysis and innovative program design and management.
• Mobility International USA – http://www.miusa.org/ offers a top-notch Financial Aid Resource Sheet for people with disabilities. The organization empowers disabled people around the world through international exchange, information, technical assistance and training.
Scholarships for Military and Veteran Students
At this time we do have an institutional scholarship for Military/Veteran students however there are some great databases that you can search for outside scholarships and grants. I may take some time to apply, but the outcome could be well worth it.
The Quincy College Trust Nursing and Allied Health Scholarships
The Quincy College Trust has a number of scholarships available to students applying to the following programs: Nursing, Practical Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technician, and Surgical Technology. Click on the applications below. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Physical Therapist Assistant Scholarship Deadline: May 1
Associate of Science in Nursing Scholarship Deadline: June 1
Practical Nursing Scholarship Deadline: June 1
Medical Lab Technician Scholarship Deadline: June 30
Surgical Technology Scholarship Application Deadline: June 30
You might also be interested in...
Quincy College makes taking college courses and earning your degree financially possible.
We offer competitive financial aid packages to assist you in pursuing an even more affordable education.
Becoming a Quincy College student is as simple as meeting with one of our Admissions Associates.
International Student Services
Quincy College, welcomes international students from all over the world, and is committed to helping you earn your degree.