Guide to Graduation
CHECKLIST FOR COMMENCEMENT
All graduate applicants should be aware that to participate in the Commencement Ceremony you must have met all of the requirements:
— • Picked up guest tickets.
— • Completed all academic degree requirements.
— • Achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
— • Paid the Commencement fee.
— • Settled all balances with the Business Office/Library.
— • Completed an exit interview if you received Financial Aid.
1. The 2015 Spring Commencement Ceremony will be held at the South Shore Music Circus on Saturday, May 30, 2015, beginning at 1:00pm. Guests will be admitted at 12pm and must present a commencement ticket for entry. No tickets will be available on Commencement Day.
2. Commencement Tickets: You are allowed 2 guest tickets for Commencement. These will be available in Quincy at the Student Lounge and in Plymouth at the front desk as follows:
— • Tuesday, May 5, 4pm-6pm
— • Wednesday, May 6, 11am-1pm and 4-6pm
— • Thursday, May 7, 11am-1pm
— • See next item below for details on additional guest tickets.
3. Commencement Rehearsal is Wednesday, May 27, 2015 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm at the South Shore Music Circus. To ensure a smooth processional process, attendance at rehearsal is highly recommended. Additional guest tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at rehearsal.
4. On Commencement Day, Saturday, May 30, 2015, graduates should report to the South Shore Music Circus at 11:00am. Upon arrival graduates will be directed to the appropriate area. There will not be a secure area to leave personal belongings during the ceremony, so please plan accordingly.
5. Honor cords will be distributed to students exemplifying outstanding academic achievement. Students will be notified upon check in.
6. A professional photographer will be taking all graduates’ photographs as they step down from the stage with their degree in hand. The photographer will provide information about purchasing photography packages and will also contact students at a later date to arrange delivery. Students are not obligated to purchase the professional photographs.
7. College ushers will direct your family and guests to the appropriate seating for the ceremony.
Please note: No strollers, noise makers or balloons are allowed inside the tent.
COMMENCEMENT SECURITY MEASURES
With hundreds of people expected to attend the Quincy College Commencement on May 30, 2015, in an effort to maximize the safety and security of all who attend the graduation event, the College is instituting security measures at the the South Shore Music Circus.
Everyone attending Commencement must observe the following guidelines:
• Graduates, faculty, and staff must carry their robes into the the South Shore Music Circus and then dress in designated assembly areas;
• Attendees are not to leave any personal items unattended at the South Shore Music Circus. Personal items may not be left to save seats. Please be sure to keep personal items in your possession at all times;
• All attendees will be required to go through a security check upon entering the South Shore Music Circus and they and their belongings may be subject to search. This process will be repeated each time anyone leaves and reenters the South Shore Music Circus;
• If you observe any activity that appears to you to be suspicious, please report it immediately to one of the Police officers present.
Graduates, please convey this information to any family and friends who may be attending your Commencement.
Your cooperation with these measures, which are designed with everyone’s safety in mind, is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
130 Sohier Street
Cohasset, MA 02025
781-383-9850, the South Shore Music Circus website
- The South Shore Music Circus offers on-site parking adjacent to the venue, but carpooling is recommended. Please adhere to the parking regulations on-site.
Take Route 3 to exit 14, Route 228 north. From Route 228 take Route 3A south to Sohier Street. The circus is 3/4 mile on the right.
FROM CAPE COD:
Take Route 3 north to exit 14 (Route 228). Take a right off the exit onto Route 228. Follow Route 228 approximately 7 miles to the intersection of Route 3A. Take a right onto Route 3A south through Hingham and into Cohasset. Take a left onto Sohier Street (just past the Mobil gas station). The Music Circus parking lot entrances are approximately ½ mile down on the right.
- Graduation Application
- Student Commencement Speaker Application
- South Shore Music Circus Website
Past Commencement Speeches:
• Henry Rubin Spring 2011 Commencement Speech
• Tom Clasby Winter 2012 Commencement Speech
• Suzanne Bump Spring 2012 Commencement Speech
• Dr. Wayne Westcott Winter 2013 Commencement Speech
• Steve Sweeney 2013 Spring Commencement Speech
• Cheryl Bartlett 2014 Winter Commencement Speech