Guide to Graduation
Spring Commencement 2016 date TBD.
CHECKLIST FOR COMMENCEMENT
All graduate applicants should be aware that to participate in the Commencement Ceremony you must have met all of the requirements:
— • Picked up guest tickets.
— • Completed all academic degree requirements.
— • Achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
— • Paid the Commencement fee.
— • Settled all balances with the Business Office/Library.
— • Completed an exit interview if you received Financial Aid.
1. Planning for the 2016 Spring Commencement Ceremony is underway. Please check by at a later date for more details.
2. Commencement Tickets: You are allowed 2 guest tickets for Commencement. These will be available in Quincy at the Student Lounge and in Plymouth at the front desk as follows: TBD
3. Commencement Rehearsal is TBD at the venue. To ensure a smooth processional process, attendance at rehearsal is highly recommended. Additional guest tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at rehearsal.
4. On Commencement Day, TBD, graduates should report to the venue at 11:00am. Upon arrival graduates will be directed to the appropriate area. There will not be a secure area to leave personal belongings during the ceremony, so please plan accordingly.
5. Honor cords will be distributed to students exemplifying outstanding academic achievement. Students will be notified upon check in.
6. A professional photographer will be taking all graduates’ photographs as they step down from the stage with their degree in hand. The photographer will provide information about purchasing photography packages and will also contact students at a later date to arrange delivery. Students are not obligated to purchase the professional photographs.
7. College ushers will direct your family and guests to the appropriate seating for the ceremony.
Please note: No strollers, noise makers or balloons are allowed inside the tent.
COMMENCEMENT SECURITY MEASURES
With hundreds of people expected to attend the Quincy College Commencement , in an effort to maximize the safety and security of all who attend the graduation event, the College is instituting security measures at the venue.
Everyone attending Commencement must observe the following guidelines:
• Graduates, faculty, and staff must carry their robes into the the venue and then dress in designated assembly areas;
• Attendees are not to leave any personal items unattended at the venue. Personal items may not be left to save seats. Please be sure to keep personal items in your possession at all times;
• All attendees will be required to go through a security check upon entering the venue and they and their belongings may be subject to search. This process will be repeated each time anyone leaves and reenters the venue;
• If you observe any activity that appears to you to be suspicious, please report it immediately to one of the Police officers present.
Graduates, please convey this information to any family and friends who may be attending your Commencement.
Your cooperation with these measures, which are designed with everyone’s safety in mind, is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Spring 2015 Commencement Speaker: Daniel O'Neill
- Graduation Application
- Student Commencement Speaker Application
- South Shore Music Circus Website
Past Commencement Speeches:
• Henry Rubin Spring 2011 Commencement Speech
• Tom Clasby Winter 2012 Commencement Speech
• Suzanne Bump Spring 2012 Commencement Speech
• Dr. Wayne Westcott Winter 2013 Commencement Speech
• Steve Sweeney 2013 Spring Commencement Speech
• Cheryl Bartlett 2014 Winter Commencement Speech