Medical Clinical Assistant Certificate
This 12-week hybrid certificate program is designed to provide students with theoretical instruction and practical skills necessary to obtain entry-level positions in a medical office. The Medical Clinical Assistant curriculum will include administrative and clinical patient care theory. Hands-on skills procedures include medical asepsis practices, vital signs, patient examinations, medical laboratory procedures, assisting with minor surgical procedures, physical rehabilitation assistance, pharmacology techniques, EKG applications, and emergency preparedness for the medical office. After finishing the required in-person classes and skills labs with a grade of “C” or better, and submitted all required clinical documents, students will be assigned a clinical internship.
- The training program is time efficient and affordable.
- Option to work in health clinics, private practices, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities.
- Successful completion of the program allows students to sit for the national certification examination.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 23% increase in job opportunities for Medical Assistant through 2028.
- The administrative and clinical skills are transferable and can be leveraged in many healthcare careers.
Starting Pay Rate: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour.
Dean of NHS & Director of QC Boston
Karen Manning: (617) 405 – 5961
Medical Clinical Assistant Certificate Courses