Presidents Place, Suite 203
ATTN: Financial Aid Office
1250 Hancock St.
Quincy Center, MA 02169
Phone: (617) 984-1620
Fax: (617) 984-1769
Regular Business Hours:
Mon - Thurs: 8:00am - 6:15pm
Fri: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Sat & Sun: CLOSED
*For information about extended office hours during peak enrollment, please click the current semester link on the homepage.
Federal School Code: 002205
Rose M. DeVito
Associate Vice President for Financial Aid
Associate Director for Financial Aid
Mary Jane Knox
Financial Aid Assistant
Financial Aid Associate
Financial Aid Associate
Financial Aid Agent
It's not too late to apply for Financial Aid for the 2015-16 year!
We offer competitive financial aid packages to assist you in pursuing an even more affordable education. Get started today and submit a FREE application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Federal school code: 002205
The Quincy College Financial Aid Office determines the financial aid available to eligible students based on the information provided in their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and counsels them through the financial aid process. Financial aid is available through federal and state grants, scholarships, loans and work study programs. Most students receive an aid package that combines several different types of assistance.
Each year approximately 50% of the student body receives some type of financial assistance. Quincy College recognizes the importance of finding the necessary resources to finance education for students. The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping students through the financial aid process. However, it is important to remember that the amount of financial aid a student is eligible for may not cover all of the costs associated with their education. Financial Aid is intended to supplement the student and parent(s) contribution to the costs of college and is based on financial need.
Students should apply for financial aid early and respond to all requests for additional information in a timely fashion.
In order to remain eligible for financial aid, students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). This academic progress is measured twice each school year. In order to maintain SAP, students must complete 67% of the courses they attempt. This measurement is taken cumulatively to include all courses attempted at Quincy College. Additionally each student must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.00. If a student has not achieved the necessary SAP, he/she will be given one semester of academic probation. By the end of that semester, he/she must bring their GPA and completion percentage to the level required. If the student’s progress does not improve after their probationary period, he/she will lose financial aid eligibility until they have reached acceptable levels of academic progress. See the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for further information.
Now is the time to apply for financial aid for the Fall 2016 semester!
Go to www.fafsa.gov to complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA. Be sure to submit your renewal FAFSA before May 1st to be considered for state aid. To facilitate the verification process, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on your FAFSA. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, we will have a representative to assist you on Tuesdays from 1 – 3 pm in President’s Place, Room 503.
Once Quincy College has received your FAFSA we will contact you by email with instructions on what to do next. Be sure to respond to all requests for documents in a timely fashion, this will speed up the financial aid process. Earlier completion of your FAFSA will ensure that your financial aid award will be done before classes begin in September. Remember, your financial aid must be awarded before you can see an advisor and register for classes.
If you are transferring to another college be sure to remove the Quincy College school code (002205) from your FAFSA and add the code for your new school.
Gallagher Health Careers Scholarship Program -$7,500 - 6 Awards
Deadline: May 6, 2016
This is a local scholarship opportunity for students pursuing degree programs in the health profession. Please click here to view the Gallagher Health Careers Scholarship Program website. To download the complete scholarship information packet please click here.
ANA Annual Scholarship Program - $1,000
Deadline: March 15 and August 15 of each year
Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, 15 hours of coursework taken (or registered for) in business related course work and be enrolled full-time at a university or college offering a business degree during the award period. For more information about the ANA Annual Scholarship Program please click here.
Vol & Tier Excellence in Entrepreneurship Scholarship - $4,000 - 1 Award
Deadline: November 21, 2016
Toronto-based digital marketing company, Vol & Tier provides one $4,000 annual scholarship to an undergraduate student enrolled in an academic institution (College or University) with both a high level of business acumen and a strong entrepreneurial mindset. Applicants cannot be in their final year of study and must be enrolled full-time. For more information please click here.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
American Legion Department of Massachusetts - masslegion.org
Banking Sense College Scholarships & Grants Guide: Where to Apply - www.bankingsense.com
Bottaro Law Firm’s “Don’t Text & Drive” Scholarship - bottarolaw.com
Castlemahon History Group Scholarship - www.flemingattorneys.com
College Scholarships - www.collegescholarships.org
Dr. Pepper Tuition - www.drpeppertuition.com
Niche - www.colleges.niche.com
Order Sons of Italy - osiama.org
Rankin Foundation - www.rankinfoundation.org
Scholarships - www.scholarships.com
Scholarship America - www.scholarshipamerica.org
Scholarship Guidance -scholarshipguidance.com
Single Parent Alliance of America - www.spaoa.org
Surety Bonds Scholarships - www.suretybonds.com/scholarships
Financial Aid & Scholarship Opportunities for International Students »
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements:
1. You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen (Permanent Resident)
2. You must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
3. You must not be in default on a student loan or owe a refund on any other federal/state aid program.
4. You must be in good academic standing and making Satisfactory Academic Progress in accordance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
5. You must be registered with Selective Service if you are male.
6. You must not have been convicted for possession or the sale of illegal drugs while receiving financial aid. (See Alcohol & Substance Abuse Policy)
7. You must not be receiving financial aid at another college or university.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Federal Return to Title IV Refund Policy
- Tuition & Fees
- Eligibility Requirements
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Types of Financial Aid
- Student Loan Repayment Information
- Helpful Financial Aid Links
- Health Insurance
· Financial Aid Information Form
· Petition for Reevaluation
· SNAP Verification
· Source of Income
· Non-tax Filer's Statement
· Verification of Dependency Status
· Verification of High School Completion
· Verification of Household Resources (Dependent)
· Verification of Household Resources (Independent)
· Federal Verification Worksheet (Dependent)
· Federal Verification Worksheet (Independent)
· Child Support Paid Verification Statement (Parent)
· Child Support Paid Verification Statement (Student)
· Academic Scholarship Application
· Financial Aid Info Form 2015-2016
· Petition for Reevaluation 2015-2016
· Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Verification 2015-2016
· Verification of Household Resources - Dependent 2015-2016
· Verification of Household Resources - Independent 2015-2016
· Verification of Dependency Status 2015-2016
· Verification of Identity and H.S. Completion and Educational Statement of Purpose 2015-2016
· Source of Income 2015-2016
· Verification Worksheet - Dependent Student 2015-2016
· Verification Worksheet - Independent Student 2015-2016
· Parent Non-Tax Filers Statement 2014
· Student Non-Tax Filers Statement 2014
· Verification of Child Support Paid Parent 2015-2016
· Verification of Child Support Paid Student 2015-2016
·Quincy College Information Release Form
·Federal Stafford Loan Change Sheet
·Petition to Apply For Financial Aid as an Independent Applicant
·Academic Progress Appeal Form
·Value of Investment Property
The Business Office is processing financial aid refund checks for the spring semester. Checks will be mailed directly to students as soon as they are available. Thank you for your patience.
Older Announcements »